Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on and off backfiring

Hey guys

Alright so my cars been backfiring for a lil while now and i assumed it was a bad wire or something and im due for a tune up anyway i just havent the time right now.

So i was under my hood today before i had to leave for school and i was putting the headlights down cuz we were gonna do my car today and i didnt want them up ..and i adjusted my air intake and thats all i touched. So i start the car up and no backfiring at all...no matter how high i rev and how quickly i let off the throttle.

I drive to school and its fine until i get off 22 to SCTI and it starts backfiring again?!?!? So my question is if its not always doing it then what might be the problem and why would it only do it sometimes and not other times?

thanks

How do you adjust the air intake?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

im assumin u have hte dreaded LG4? if so he just adjusted the carb. prob gotta a bad vaccum line, mine did that when i had a vaccum line come off. just replace all of em, line is cheap enough and it wont hurt anything.
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

yes its the LG4 so its a carb

i mean the air assembly...it was off center and it bothers me

but ya i was thinkin it could be a vacuum leak somewhere so i just may check that now

but even if that is the case y would it only happen sometimes and other times it would would be totally fine for almost an hour?

Comment

Working...
        X