Opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions

Hey guys, I have a 73 T/A i'm restoring but not exactly back to original. Any ideas on a paint job, the interior I have will be black and blue leaving only a few good choices of paint, but I'm interested in decals or some other customization ideas (i.e. airbrushing, etc.) Thanks alot for the help.

White car with solid blue strip down the middle. Or solid gold like the T/A "Ponch" drove on "CHiPS".
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

dark blue with silver or grey racing stripes, silver or grey with black racing stripes would look nice to. if you get a picture of it, i'm sure somebody could photoshop it different color schemes for you.
      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

I've always been a fan of the two factory white and blue variations. One was blue with the white stripe, the other was white with the blue stripe. Add the honeycomb wheels and that just screams musclecar. It would probably boost resale value too. Any time you get too wild with the paint away from a factory scheme, the market narrows hugely. Far fewer buyers for those.
        Now you could do the screaming chicken variant and have that airbrushed.

Comment

Well the car itself is just a Espirit so making things factory looking isnt one of my big ideas, but I do love the white with blue stripe which would make the car a 70-72 t/a which is fine. The only thing is that the car is already black, so painting the car black would make things easier as far as inner fenders, door jams, etc. go. But I cant get a good idea for a stripe with black and blue interior.

Comment

If the car is black, I'd keep it black and add a blue stripe that is the color of your interior accents down the middle just like the white/blue paint scheme. This would be a play on the original scheme but not replicate it, so it looks similar but not a copycat.

I have a 71 Firebird (not Esprit, Formula, or TA, just Firebird) and I'm debating on using the formula hood I picked up or do a cowl induction on my factory hood. It'll be quite some time before I have to decide on paint, and I'm not looking forward to that decision. But I have black interior so whatever I do will go with it.

My opinion on paint is to just go with whatever you want. If and when you decide to sell it, you'll either sell it the way it is and find a buyer, or you'll tear it down again anyway and restore it to go on Barrett Jackson for 20 million, so it doesn't really matter what color you paint it now!
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

maybe red stripes on black????

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Yeah, thats a pretty good idea, I think the black with the blue stripe will keep it original yet different. I'm going to go with the Torq Thrust II's and I'm not quite sure if metallic or just plain black. The interior will be both black and blue, I may put black carpet in it with black racing seats and blue racing harnesses and with the blue panels and dash. What do you think?

Comment

IMHO, If you are doing black and want a stripe, go with either gold or silver.

Comment

The stripes are a good idea but everyone has them......

Why not do something that's different but not blingy?

Since your car is an american classic, why not have some flames done? New technology in airbrushing makes them look almost real! I've seen some flame accents done in both orange and in blue.

Check out this website - click on "samples" click on "Trucks" and look at the flames on this one........ www.zombiepaint.com
                    Darrin C
                    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      I've always been a fan of the two factory white and blue variations. One was blue with the white stripe, the other was white with the blue stripe. Add the honeycomb wheels and that just screams musclecar.....
                      Now you could do the screaming chicken variant and have that airbrushed.
                      Just say no to chickens.
                      Concur, the original T/A blue and whites are sacred.
                      Mike, So. MD, USA
                      1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Originally posted by MDMike
                        Just say no to chickens.
                        Concur, the original T/A blue and whites are sacred.
                        Agreed. I have a couple of them in 1/18 diecast. A blue one with white stripes and a white one with blue stripes. Either way the things look totally bad.

Comment

I agree totally the stripes just made that car even better which was weird because its only a single stripe but looked so good. Flames are not my taste I take them to be tacky.

Comment

Working...
                          X