should i sell my 95Z to get a Z06...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i sell my 95Z to get a Z06...

i have a good apportunity to get into a 2002 silver paint /black leather 6sp Z06 corvette. 31,000 miles. the only concern is my insurance? i'm a 36 old male. ver good driving record. last ticket was for 52 on a 35 in 1999. i pay 35 a month full coverage on the Z28. what am i looking to pay on the Z06. will be financing $13,000 and giving $13,000 down. by the way is $2,600 a good deal on the Z06? 2 owner car. always garaged. no paint work. no accidents ever. super clean. 100% stock!
    thanks,
    ed
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

The miles are really low. Check KBB. That will give you an idea.

The insurence is about 2 or 3 times as much as your paying right now so. Should be around $100 is my guess. Go on progressive and they should give you an idea.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

$2600?! Heck yeah!

LOL! $26000 private or retail? Reason I'm asking is you could be giving $13K and having a credit union finance the other 13K. I feel that's reasonable and quite a deal. I know 2000 Vettes that are clean with compariable miles sell mid twenties at a Chevy dealership I used to work for.

For a clean, non accident Z06...I feel 26K is a great deal. Your insurance would probably jump to $80ish for full coverage.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

private party sale. $13k down and financing the other $13k is correct..
        anyissues on this year Z06?
        ed
        1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

u gonna keep your Z? Remember no back seats in the vette. just ask your insurance company. thats the only way to get an idea how much its gonna be. It may not be much of a jump after all. Last ticket in 99? I dont know bout your state but in DE there gone after 3 years so if it were hear i wouldnt even tell i had a ticket back in 99.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I am 43 and pay about $60 a month for mine with 100k,300k,100k coverage and I called about a 2001 Vette. She said "uh oh, let me look but it's probably going to be a lot." She came back and said it would be about $20 a month more. She was surprised it wasn't more. You can always call your agent and get a quote before you buy it.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              I am 43 and pay about $60 a month for mine with 100k,300k,100k coverage and I called about a 2001 Vette. She said "uh oh, let me look but it's probably going to be a lot." She came back and said it would be about $20 a month more. She was surprised it wasn't more. You can always call your agent and get a quote before you buy it.

well said

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

My insurance agent explained why my 2006 C6 coupe full coverage only costs 20 more a month for full coverage than the teh eight year old 00 ragtop z. She said that kids wreck Camaros so often that that it is what drives up the rates for everyone on the Camaros. Not the same problem with the Vettes.
                2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

That price is pretty fair. I've been watching convertibles in the 2000 - 2001 years go for 26k with those miles. Zs are usually a grand or so cheaper.
                  I'd see if they'd take 25 for it.

That being said, YES you should get into a Vette if you can afford it. The Corvette is a superior car in every aspect.

I'm seriously looking at buying a 2001 - 2002 M6 convertible Vette this spring. I've seen some cars with less than 30k miles on them selling for 27 grand. That is an unbleievable bang for the buck. I figure my car payment will be just over $500 / month and insurance won't likely go up much at all adding a 4th car. The Camaro and Vette would both be for pleasure driving only. And I'm 34 and married.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Ragtop Z
                    My insurance agent explained why my 2006 C6 coupe full coverage only costs 20 more a month for full coverage than the teh eight year old 00 ragtop z. She said that kids wreck Camaros so often that that it is what drives up the rates for everyone on the Camaros. Not the same problem with the Vettes.
                    My insurance company would actually charge me less for a Vette than my 97SS Camaro (at least when new) for this very reason. I was complaining to my insurance agent about the cost for my Camaro's insurance, and he said "Let me check something", then he said "You know, if you'd buy a Vette you'd have cheaper insurance". He said that records indicate that Camaros and Firebirds have a very high accident rate due to the fact younger more wreckless people tend to buy them, but Vettes are generally sold to a more mature and responsible group who baby their Vettes. So the insurance company doesn't have too many claims on Vettes.

Comment

thanks for all the information guys.
                      i've been insured with all-state since 99 when i purchased my home. i have a 2005 pt daily driver so if i do get into the Z06 it would not see daily use. i will call my agent first thing monday morning. i drove the Z06 yesterday . its 100% stock except for brand new wide oval firestone tires that have about 200 miles on them. the gear box has excellent feel.. close raio gears i suspect.
                      i really like it. i'll keep you guys posted on what happens..
                      thanks again,
                      ed

Comment

well.. the deal on the vette is going to happen.
                        talked to my all state insurance agent and full coverage will run $58.00 a month for me . i was super happy about that.
                        ed

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
                          well.. the deal on the vette is going to happen.
                          talked to my all state insurance agent and full coverage will run $58.00 a month for me . i was super happy about that.
                          ed
                          $58 is okay with me!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Beware of a bait and switch by Allstate. They tried to do it to me and a friend of mine and the friend worked for Allstate in the home claims division.
                            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

bait and switch??

been with all state for 9 years.
                              have the same agent that insured my home and 3 cars.
                              i gets very good discount..
                              ed

Comment

Working...
                              X