suspension guide./help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension guide./help

If i want a street/strip car making around 450whp N/A and 650whp on the bottle. I want to build the suspension first. I dont want to tub or go anything too extreme as i want to be able to drive it on the street. Oviously subframe connectors. I am a nub at sus. I know if i want to make that much power i should go adjustable. So panhard bar, subframe, lower control arms, what springs, what shocks, LCA relcocation? I do not want to lower the car. Torque arm. I want to be able to drive the car straight down the track, and maybe do a little autox. Thats a maybe i know you cant have your cake and eat it to. Any responses would be appreciated.
    1995 LT1 bird
    10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
    275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
    agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
    6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

I've pretty much done what you are looking to do - at least with regard to straight line. My M6 setup made 425rwHP on motor and 670rwHP on the spray. I had the spray set up in two stages, 125HP + 150HP, but even doing that it was pretty much useless on the street. My 315/35 BFG Drag Radials won't hook on the street, on straight motor with the current high stall TH400 and 4.10 gears.

Check out the "mods list" link in my signature and scroll down to the suspension section to see what works for straight line traction. Wouldn't be a very good setup for Auto-X, and I thought most Auto-X sanctioned events were fairly limited on allowing suspension and engine modifications, anyway. Don't know much about it though.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

when i said autox i meant like my local road course.
      1995 LT1 bird
      10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.

2005 Dode SRT-4
      agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!

Comment

injuneer, how does your solid roller do on the street? can you cruise your car around easly? opinions on solid roller vs hydralic
        1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

My car was a daily driver for two years. No problems at all with the solid roller. No problems with valve adjustments either. Checked it every 6 months or so when the car was street driven. How well the solid roller lives as a daily driver will depend a lot on the lifter selection. The Crower cut-aways have been extremely reliable.

I wouldn't normally recommend a solid roller for a cam as mild as mine is (230/242 114 LSA 0.590/0.590). A hydraulic cam would have handled the engine, which needs to be shifted in the mid 6,000's. But with the nitrous, we wanted to use the 5,000-7,000rpm range to spray, so its set up with a 7,000rpm cut on nitrous and a 7,200rpm rev limiter. That's why we opted for the solid roller. I suspect we picked up a bit of area under the curve with the more aggressive ramps on the lobes.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X