My car set to get a SS spoiler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car set to get a SS spoiler

SLP had a fire sale closeout on LT1 SS Spoilers. I picked up a scratch and dent piece for $99 (reg price $500) + shipping. After looking it over, the only damage to it is a tiny ding out of the bottom outside edge that can only be seen with the trunk lid open.

I'm going to use a little body filler to fix the ding and send it out for paint. I'll post pictures of it after it is done.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

You need to see this before you do your conversion.
    Picture courtesy of Rob i.e. Shoebox.
    "Solve SS Spoiler Conversion ABS/Cruise Control Problems"
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Does that apply to mine? It looks like the stock tail light just mounts right up.

Maybe that diagram is for the tail light in the LS1 SS spoiler? They are two different spoilers.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Does yours have light bulbs or LEDs?
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          Does yours have light bulbs or LEDs?
          I'm asuming my stock tail light will mount into it, so the stock bulbs would go with it. I'll have to remove that light from my car tonight and make sure it fits in the new spoiler.

I didn't purchase any new bulbs or tail light housing with the new spoiler.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:

Comment

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=010778703
            "It’s an easy bolt-on installation and uses your Camaro’s existing bolt holes and stock brake light." Sounds like you will be fine.

Comment

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=010778703
              "It’s an easy bolt-on installation and uses your Camaro’s existing bolt holes and stock brake light." Sounds like you will be fine.
              Cool ,that is what I was thinking.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

I couldn't find anything about the 98-02 SS spoiler. They must have had the LED lights. Maybe there was an aftermarket LED tailight or something. Maybe Rob will drop by and fill us in.

Comment

Mine will require the modification, thanks for posting the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    Mine will require the modification, thanks for posting the link.
                    Yours has the LED lights?

Comment

Yours has the LED lights?
                      yup. I think mine is a repro of the 98 and later and has LEDs.

Comment

LS1 SS Spoilers do infact have LED lights! That goes for both factory and aftermarket spoilers. I have the RK Sport LS1 SS Spoiler, and I had that issue with the ABS light going off. I used a diode in series with the positive lead to fix the problem. The LT1 SS spoiler wont be a problem however.

P.S. I was looking at that diagram, and it only uses the coil part of the relay. Those coils consume about 300mA, so I take it the problem lies in the LED's not consuming enough or as much amperage, as the stock two bulbs. I would estimate that the stock 2 bulbs consume somewhere around 2.5 amps. Not that this pertains to Tracy, but just sharing some thoughts!
                        1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Yes, the relay coil is just used to simulate the bulb resistance, because the LEDs don't have enough. It is not really my design, just a decent diagram to go from.
                          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
                            Yes, the relay coil is just used to simulate the bulb resistance, because the LEDs don't have enough. It is not really my design, just a decent diagram to go from.

You're still THE MAN!
                            1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

All done!

Tracy
                              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                              Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X