SLP CAI any advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP CAI any advice

well like the title says im thinking about buying this intake i know its the v6 but i wanna give it a little more does anybody have any experience with this intake or any advice? should i get it or k&n? just looking for some feedback on this setup thanks guys
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Between all intakes its not going to make a difference to much from aftermarket CAI to another CAI. What ur mainly buying is a name. Remember SLP is 50 states street legal. You can get one on ebay for 1/4 the price but might not pass visual in ur state. I dont know the laws in ur state. Its pretty much personal preference.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I'm running the SLP CAI on my Z, same kit you're looking at. Its a good-quality kit, looks great (always get compliments on it due to its uniqueness), and has a near-demonic sound when shutting the car off . With that said, its a pain to install the first time, as the opening for the chamber the air filters go in to isn't quite big enough to fit them into easily. Once you can figure out how to get them in without the filters coming off, you'll be happy you got it.

As for the "50-state legal" thing, most every CAI for the 4th-Gen F-bodies is street legal (backyard-redneck jobs and ricer kits don't count), so that's pretty much a moot point. Even if you buy a CAI second-hand, you can still call up the manufacturer for the sticker if you need it. I ended up having to do that with my SLP CAI, and I bought it brand new. Hope this helps.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

yea definately a big help thanks guys i just ordered new coils next pay is gonna be a tower brace then paint or my intake so itll be on soon hopefully thanks a bunch
        94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
        94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
        75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
        1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
        GOT PSi?
        Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Working...
        X