Got my Magnaflow Put on Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Magnaflow Put on Today

Well i got my Magnaflow catback today It's awesome but the left tip is not straight its off about 10 degree's to left sounds great wonder how i could get this fixed its mandril bent

1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

my guess is that it was not correctly aligned before it was bolted/welded in. you can use the brute force method and work it with a large breaker bar until it gets teh bend right, or you can have it rebolted/rewelded in teh correct position.
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
      Well i got my Magnaflow catback today It's awesome but the left tip is not straight its off about 10 degree's to left sounds great wonder how i could get this fixed its mandril bent

The rear tips should be bolted in place by a clamp...loosen the clamp and wiggle it into position.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Ragtop Z
        my guess is that it was not correctly aligned before it was bolted/welded in. you can use the brute force method and work it with a large breaker bar until it gets teh bend right, or you can have it rebolted/rewelded in teh correct position.
        Id rather not take a breaker bar to my new stainless steel mandril bent exhaust its 3" allway back
        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

I ended up gutting off some of the left tailpipe where it enters the muffler so that they were even from side to side.

Since then I've cut off the tips completely and will be installing dual stainless double walled Pypes tips on both sides.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Working...
          X