Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch life

Not bragging , but....

I turned 121,000 miles this AM, and am still on the original clutch and also the original brake rotors (replaced the pads at 80,000 miles).

Can anybody top that?
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

ill admit thats impressive.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Ragtop Z
      Not bragging , but....

I turned 121,000 miles this AM, and am still on the original clutch and also the original brake rotors (replaced the pads at 80,000 miles).

Can anybody top that?
      That's awesome! I'd be surprised to see if there's any moving part on my car that's still original.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

How about 140k on the original Opti? And I could probably put it back on and still use it if I didn't get the Dynaspark. Does that count for anything? lol

But, unfortunately, original my clutch was shot at 102k.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

...turned 121,000 miles this AM, and am still on the original clutch...
          Showoff!!!
          My DD
          2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

I'm at 105k and still going strong. I'll catch up to you soon enough

To the best of my knowledge however, I'm still on my stock pads and rotors.
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Why is it that teh brakes seem to wear forever? I changed my pads at 80,000-they still had some life but my gut was saying that's way too long for original pads. And the rotors? I am afraid that one day I will brake hard and leave peices everywhere. lanning to upgarde to larger rotors and better pads in teh next month or two when I add 17" wheels
              2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Why is it that teh brakes seem to wear forever? I changed my pads at 80,000-they still had some life but my gut was saying that's way too long for original pads. And the rotors? I am afraid that one day I will brake hard and leave peices everywhere. lanning to upgarde to larger rotors and better pads in teh next month or two when I add 17" wheels
                I do a decent amount of highway driving, plus I'm a huge fan of downshifting and coasting. I figure that's what's saving my brakes. I very rarely have to nail the brakes hard. I like to ease into them.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                  I do a decent amount of highway driving
                  That's all it is. My brakes were shot at 75k. I do a ton of stop and go in the city. Not much highway.

My clutch was also toast by 80k
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Not bragging , but....

Can anybody top that?
                    145K on my 92 acclaim, sold it to a guy who put 10K more on it be4 the frame rotted out, went to the junkard on the orginal clutch, headgasket , and rear shoes/linings
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                    X