bad water pump?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy isn't listening to anybody.

Your car is overheating because there is no air dam. Put an air dam on, and your car will not overheat.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

that seems like a logicall technique. i will give that a try right now. I am completely 100% positive that it is the reight th-stat. but im not all the way sure that its still working. the only thing im going on is how new the thermostat is, its only like 3 months old and i bought it brand new. it was a hyperstat 160* LT1.
      -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Dude, are you listening? GET AN AIRDAM!! Its there for a reason. The radiator has no other way of getting cool air over it other than the airdam. Get one. Here, I'll even save you some trouble. Call this number...

(877) 448-5451

...and talk with Dal. Tell him you need an airdam for your car. It should be part #10229657 and only run you about $20 before shipping. Just get it already.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

i did the Z ya Later method and ut worked. its running much cooler. a 20 minute spirited test drive and the car never reached 210*. thanks much. air dam is on the list to buy.
          -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Working...
          X