Fuel Pump Access Panel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Access Panel

ok guys you all have helped out many times i feel real dumb with this question. tonight i was cruising down I-95 heading back to base when all of a sudden my fuel pump goes bad or atleast i think thats it everything i tried pointed to fuel pump. now i know there is panel that can be cut out ontop of the tank can anybody help me with a "how-to" on doing that its my everyday driving so i need it done like ASAP lol. 1994 v6 maro dont know if it makes and diff but thanks for the help in advance
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Did it a few weeks ago...not hard at all.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...ight=fuel+pump

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

well just made my cuts and its was alot easier then what i thought just have to watch the depth right now im for my dad with the fuel disconnect and the new pump thanks a bunch chris man you saved me hahaha hopefully i can help you out one day but thanks again
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      GOT PSi?

Comment

Probably should check fuel pressure see if pump is bad
        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

ok well the main thing that lead me to the fuel pump was i would turn the key on and no buzzing i did the access panel (THANKYOU CHRIS!!!!!! ) and and replaced that no something that bothered me is about a week ago i put on accel super coils on my car and after i did the pump only one coil (2&5 cylinder) got unbelievebly hot and cracked the casing on the coil no bare wires im not a dumbass and my dad was there does anybody have any ideas off the top of their head???
          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
          GOT PSi?

Comment

No problem.

About the whole coil thing...never heard of that one. Is it possible to install them backwards? Or could have been a bad coil...

Did you replace it?

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

well i did a little bit of research and everything and all it was, was that is a crappy coil im starting to think that my ign. module is going because i put the stock coils back on and everything and that one coil is getting warmer so do you think if they make it would a high perf. module be available to be better on my accel coils or do you think i wouldnt be worth it or even make them for the v6s?
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              GOT PSi?

Comment

Theres really no point of doing that on a realitively stock V6...if you feel the stock module is quitting replace it.

Have you replaced your spark plugs or wires lately? A fouled plug or bad wires would over heat coil packs.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

yea the plugs and wires were replaced about 5k miles ago if that but next weekend im pulling the plugs and checking to see if any could be fouled. i got it back to the way it was i think it really was just a bad coil. now an off the subject question in the 94 front door speakers were 6 in right? what are the back ones does anyone know i dont feel like ripping everything off then put it back on to get new speakers today and putting them in i really dont have that kind of time
                  94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                  75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                  GOT PSi?

Comment

www.crutchfield.com

Gives the correct sizes and ohm ratings. Not too familiar with older 4th gens. But 6.5 is what I remember...

Rears are even more difficult to figure out...rears as in the sail panel speakers or the ones in the back hatch?

Crutchfield should answer these quetions for you.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                    X