Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Zaino Question

Really quick.......

I bought an 04 Silverado LS 2 weeks ago. It has the dark gray metallic finish.

Does Zaino make the metallic finishes look really sweet as well?

At the risk of sounding a little trite.....It makes just about everything look great. Especially that sparkly metallic paint.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Zaino makes metallics look especially good!
      DWS
      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

I had a good idea it would, but wanted to make sure.

How do I find out where local distributors are? I'm in the metro Atlanta area.

Also.......will I need to claybar since it's brand spankin new?

Comment

Link is...

www.zainobros.com

I think there's also a new site on www.zainostore.com.

He has a list of distributors and in some areas you can order online. Sal's always been good about shipping quickly.

Read his online tips. The man's really proven he knows what he's talking about with paint.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

What is Zaino?

Just kidding. Ken will kill me.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Ins't that Zaino stuff Meguiars newest wax??????

( I am REALLY just kidding! )
              2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

The Zaino came in today........headed off to lunch, then running to buy some 100% cotton made in the USA bath towels, then coming home and washing the Silverado with dawn, hitting it with the clay bar, re-washing without the Dawn, Z-5, Z-6, Z-2, then Z-6

I have the ZFX......... does that sound right???

I will try and post some pics tonight

Comment

I would not clay bar unless you realy know how to use it. You can put in scratches with the clay bar if the contaiminates are allowed to be rubbed all over your new paint. If done right it should look great.
                  '95 Formula A4, 17"x9" wheels, F1 275/40-ZR17, TB bypass, 160 deg. TS, LS1 drive shaft, WS6 muffler, LCA, tie rod Soon to be LT4 heads intake and HOT cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve95formula
                    I would not clay bar unless you realy know how to use it. You can put in scratches with the clay bar if the contaiminates are allowed to be rubbed all over your new paint. If done right it should look great.
                    as long as you use a good lubricant (ie., Z6/water mix, etc.) with the bar, and knead it to expose fresh clay, you should be OK.....just take your time
                    DWS
                    Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Originally posted by DWS'95Bird
                      as long as you use a good lubricant (ie., Z6/water mix, etc.) with the bar, and knead it to expose fresh clay, you should be OK.....just take your time
                      to add: you dont 'rub" the clay.. yu lightly wipe the surface with it...using plenty of lube.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

In my opinion, the clay bar is the most important stage. If you don't do it, the Z2 and/or Z5 seals the contaminates in. And for everybody else on here, even if you don't use Zaino wax, I would highly recommend doing the vehicle with clay bar. I was amazed at what it took out of the paint. But like is said above, you should fold the clay bar quite often. You sort of have to because it squishes out and gets thin. I hadn't played with play dough in 25 years. LOL

BTW you should use the clay bar on a new vehicle. This is from the Zaino web site.

Use Z-18 ClayBar™ to help remove the following:

Rail dust - Tiny, sharp bare metal shavings that can adhere and imbed into the paint finish and cause serious damage when left untreated. Over 70% of new vehicles are transported from the factory using the rail system. In many cases, new cars are stored near a railroad and becomes infected with rail dust.
                        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                          In my opinion, the clay bar is the most important stage. If you don't do it, the Z2 and/or Z5 seals the contaminates in. And for everybody else on here, even if you don't use Zaino wax, I would highly recommend doing the vehicle with clay bar. I was amazed at what it took out of the paint. But like is said above, you should fold the clay bar quite often. You sort of have to because it squishes out and gets thin. I hadn't played with play dough in 25 years. LOL

BTW you should use the clay bar on a new vehicle. This is from the Zaino web site.

Use Z-18 ClayBar™ to help remove the following:

Rail dust - Tiny, sharp bare metal shavings that can adhere and imbed into the paint finish and cause serious damage when left untreated. Over 70% of new vehicles are transported from the factory using the rail system. In many cases, new cars are stored near a railroad and becomes infected with rail dust.

i clay twice a year.

zaino is not "wax". its a polymere polish

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Oh you know what I mean.
                            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Finally got it clay barred 2 coats of Z5 and a coat of Z2

Don't mind the towel fuzz in this pic....

Started getting kind of dark so those were the only pictures I grabbed. Let me know what you guys think.

......I'm now a Zainoholic

Comment

Working...
                              X