Chrome 97 Camaro wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 97 Camaro wheels

I have a 95 Camaro Z-28 with the stock 16x8 wheels. I have run across a used set of the optional chrome wheels (same size) that were available in 97 and later. The seller says that they will not fit Camaros 96 and older without modifying the calipers. Is this true? Thanks much.

False. They will fit just fine. Im not sure but The only issue you will get is with the rear axle hub on the, And I may be wrong but the hub on the rear on the 97-02 is smaller than the 93-96 so they will fit very tight. You can simply take a grinder and grind down the inside on the new wheels just a hair. Its not to much difference. My buddy and I once b4 even knowing about the difference just bolted them and tightened them. They went on but it was a pain getting them off. The Calipers will be no issue at all.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklehead
      I have a 95 Camaro Z-28 with the stock 16x8 wheels. I have run across a used set of the optional chrome wheels (same size) that were available in 97 and later. The seller says that they will not fit Camaros 96 and older without modifying the calipers. Is this true? Thanks much.
      Not true, well sort of but not really.

It's not true that the calipers need to be modified. The hub size of the wheel will need to be enlarged slightly. The later year cars had a slightly smaller hub than yours so you'll just have to take a dremel to the inside hub of the wheel and remove a couple thousanths. They should fit the front without modification, it's the rear hubs that are the issue. Really, you only have to do the rears unless you want to be able to rotate the tires. I had to do this with as set that I purchased as well, only I learned by accident.

Comment

Thanks guys for the REALLY fast reply.

Comment

Working...
        X