Headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

Well im looking for some Longtube headers what kinda should i get for my car?
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

That depends on your intended useage and emissions requirements. if emissions is an issue, the only headers to my knowledge that are 50 state legal are SLP shorties. Whatever headers you ultimately choose, make sure they are ceramic coated. Less heat radiated to the underhood of the car and they won't rust out quickly. In my WS6, I ran SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech high flow Y pipe and cats, and a borla. With that combo it went 107 in the quarter. I later switched to a Mufflex 4" catback and never got the chance to get a timeslip. I felt it was the best all around setup for a street car, especially considering it was lowered and had ZERO exhaust clearance issues. no scrapes, no rattles, just sweet music to my ears. With the mufflex, you better love the sound. You won't hear the stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      That depends on your intended useage and emissions requirements. if emissions is an issue, the only headers to my knowledge that are 50 state legal are SLP shorties. Whatever headers you ultimately choose, make sure they are ceramic coated. Less heat radiated to the underhood of the car and they won't rust out quickly. In my WS6, I ran SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech high flow Y pipe and cats, and a borla. With that combo it went 107 in the quarter. I later switched to a Mufflex 4" catback and never got the chance to get a timeslip. I felt it was the best all around setup for a street car, especially considering it was lowered and had ZERO exhaust clearance issues. no scrapes, no rattles, just sweet music to my ears. With the mufflex, you better love the sound. You won't hear the stereo.
      We got no emissions so that why im geting longtubes
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Kook's headers are fantastic. I love mine.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Working...
        X