Fabric from roof coming off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric from roof coming off

I noticed the fabric from the inside of my roof is starting to coming off.

Anyone with a hard top know how to fix this?

Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

You can't fix what is there. However you can buy the fabric from a cloth store for about $10 a yard (60" wide by a yard or 36"). It is a cloth made on to the foam. You can take the headliner out and peal off the cloth and the foam behind it. Buy the material and glue it back on. NAPA sells a spray on glue specifically for headliners. (You have to use it or the sun will make regular glue let go.) A trick is to use a hose or better a pressure washer to get the foam off the backing board. Also have a lot of heavy books to put on the headliners after you put the material on the glue. I have redone several headliners and it will look as good as new after you are done. Or you can order a new headliner.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      You can't fix what is there. However you can buy the fabric from a cloth store for about $10 a yard (60" wide by a yard or 36"). It is a cloth made on to the foam. You can take the headliner out and peal off the cloth and the foam behind it. Buy the material and glue it back on. NAPA sells a spray on glue specifically for headliners. (You have to use it or the sun will make regular glue let go.) A trick is to use a hose or better a pressure washer to get the foam off the backing board. Also have a lot of heavy books to put on the headliners after you put the material on the glue. I have redone several headliners and it will look as good as new after you are done. Or you can order a new headliner.
      That looks like a lot of work so I went over to gmpartsdirect.com

I'm guessing the headliner comes with the cloth already on it like you mentioned?

The price aint bad either..
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

plus shipping. I went to a dealership 2 weeks ago and they matched the GM parts direct plus shipping price. I know you say "so what" but that saved me $50 from the delaership price and I got it right there and didn't have to wait.

Yea it is like $30 compared to $150. Which is worth more to you your time or your money.

Looking at that picture the headliner for no T tops it has a big dip in it that would probably be very hard to get the headliner material to stick to the glue and lay flat. I'd buy a new one if it were me.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You know mine just did the same thing. I noticed a small spot on the passenger side first and within 2 weeks it had spread on both sides to the point yours is at.
          My DD
          2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Too bad I threw my old one away a couple of years ago after I got tired of tripping over the box in the garage.. It was fine when I took it out to do the T-top conversion.. It's pretty easy to replace.
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

those damn headliners i just took mine out but accidently left it out in the rain so its ruined im in the coast guard and a guy i know was gonna reupholstrey it with our symbol in it and didnt does anyone have a headliner for a hardtop laying around they are looking to sell?
              94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
              GOT PSi?
              Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Glad mine is t-top
                1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Working...