O2 Sensor Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 Sensor Problem

I just replaced the o2 Sensors for the 2nd time after getting headers and the new engine 10,000 miles ago

now it is throwing the code bank 1 sensor 1 o2 circuit slow response any idea's what it could be that's making it eat through sensors ? Or if it's just another problem ?

I just replaced the waterpump driveshaft oil seal but it's still leaking so i get to do that again i guess and i think a intake manifold leak is starting to spring up to.
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Did you check the connectors? All the pins are straight and clean? Any moisture in the connectors?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Slow response generally means the sensor is contaminated. Any possibility you have a coolant leak in the head? Are you using any sort of sealer or anti-sieze on the sensors when you install them - not recommended? In assembling the the new engine, did you use any sort of RTV or other sealer that was not labeled "sensor safe"? Any chance you have used any leaded gasoline?

Silicon and lead are two big poisons for the sensor membrane.... silicon extremely deadly, lead somewhat of a problem, but not an immediate failure.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X