lowering my 94 maro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering my 94 maro

well like the title says im looking to lower my 94 v6 maro disc front drum rear if it makes a difference i need to switch my shocks and springs right? what is the best deal everyone wants like 800 for these i didnt think it was really that much can someone help me out here

if you have a headliner for a hardtop please let me know(not saggin) i need one!!!

thanks
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

I got my Bilstein shocks on ebay from ShocksAndSprings for $338 shipped, got the Eibach springs from Summit for $250. Put the rear shocks and springs in yourself, then do like I did....pay a few bucks less than $200 to have a shop to put on the front shocks and springs, you can come in under $800.
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
      if the fronts are just regular mcpherson struts they arent hard just loosen the top plate compress the springs place them on the shock and replace the top plate and slowly loosen compression? is that right does anyone know or am i just talking a bunch of ***? haha
      Please sensor yourself so that a moderator doesn't have to do it for you.
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      GOT PSi?

Comment

On the front, it sounds really easy, just like you explained but in reality for me it was a huge PITA. If I had it to do again I would pull both assemblies and take them with your new springs/shocks to a shop that has the correct tools/machine to compress the springs and change them out. It's worth a few bucks IMHO to do it that way plus it's much safer.

Just my $.02...
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

cool thanks for the help darn holidays are comin up my poor car has to get put on the back burner unless i find amazing deals like a hotckis strut brace for 25 bucks just scracthed paint but not bent or anything cant wait till pay day to go pick it up
          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
          GOT PSi?

Comment

Working...
          X