best muffler?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best muffler?

i have a flowmaster cat-back. i am putting long tubes on in a month or so, just for time to free up. i know that the flowmaster muffler is very restrictive. what is the best muffler for performance and sound that would still utilize the factory mounts and i want to keep dual tailpipes?
    1995 LT1 bird
    10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
    275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
    agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
    6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Flowmaster is supposed to be pretty good these days.

I just had a Borla installed on mine and I love the looks and sound.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Anything is better than stock...even Flowmaster. They aren't as bad as people make them out to be...they just don't last very long generally.

Best muffler/catback? In my honest opinion is Corsa. But depending on your finances, you are only limited to sound, db levels and looks.

I'm happy with my Magnaflow...just wished it was a little more raw and louder.

You can't really lose with any well reconized muffler company...

I've been eyeing GMMG's chambered exhuast...sounds like a beast.

--------------------

I revise my statement...I don't know how LT1s would sound.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well im running magnaflow catback depends on what you like its quiet but throaty at idle but at WOT you can hear it
        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

i have the flowmaster cat-back with the 80 series muffler. i was wondering if there is a similar styled muffler that would make more horsepower and cut-back on the popping?
          1995 LT1 bird
          10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
          275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
          agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
          6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitLT1
            i have the flowmaster cat-back with the 80 series muffler. i was wondering if there is a similar styled muffler that would make more horsepower and cut-back on the popping?
            That's what you'll get with a flowmaster or any other type of low restriction muffler. My suggestion would be to get a borla adjustable catback and use an electric valve in place of the block off plates. That way you can keep it closed for quieter cruising and open the valve for the extra flow and sound when desired. That's going to be your ideal setup.

Comment

Working...
            X