LED Taillights for 3rd Gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Taillights for 3rd Gen

Since most cars are moving to LED lights, why can't someone do something for the 3rd Gen Camaros? Keep the same color sequence, but make them LED. I've searched Ebay, and not one design has been attempted. I did find some for the 4th Gen, but they don't like right due to the curves of the taillight. However, the 3rd Gen are nice and blocked shape so I think they would look good. What do you all think of LED lights?
    1988 5.0 TBI Camaro 700R4 Transmission
    2000 3.8 SFI Camaro 4L60E Transmission, K&N Air Filter, and Drill/Slotted Rotors all around.

most people that i know just get the LED replacement light bulbs and plug them in
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

hey man my mom has a 92 vert z28 and ive been looking for the last three years looking for taillights and i couldnt fnid anything right now im in the proccess of making a bracket to hold 93 gmc headlights in the 92 so we can swap H.I.Ds in there
      94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
      GOT PSi?
      Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

this might help some.

http://www.thirdgen.org/headlightupgrade

i know theres a guy around on the internet that makes custom LED 3rd brake lights for camaros, i believe he can make the light show different things also. the one i saw, when lit up, said 350 in LED's. i'm pretty sure he had one with a chevy logo on it to.
        87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

I don't think any are available already made. It's not hard to modify a set of lights. I plan on doing my old set of tail lights one of these days.

Photos here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/332015/3

Last post in this thread has what he did:

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/el...il-lights.html

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Those look awesome. If only someone could take it to a higher level, get DOT approved and create a clear lens to take care of the black out kits in some states and we have an awesome LED taillight for our 3rd gen.
            1988 5.0 TBI Camaro 700R4 Transmission
            2000 3.8 SFI Camaro 4L60E Transmission, K&N Air Filter, and Drill/Slotted Rotors all around.

Comment

Working...
            X