inside light,for back seat and trunk wont turn off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inside light,for back seat and trunk wont turn off

I ended up taking out the bulb,is there a switch for the light and if so where at,what would have caused the light not to turn off,thanks
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

There is the dimmer control that is part of the headight switch. If the dimmer is turned all the way on until it clicks the interior light will stay on.

There are also the switches in the door jambs( one on each door) as well. If one of those is somehow stuck or broken I guess they could make the lights stay on as well.
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

There is also an interior light switch in the latch for the rear hatch. It is a little lever in the base of the latch (bolted to the body) that the "U" on the hatch pushes down when it closes.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
        There is also an interior light switch in the latch for the rear hatch. It is a little lever in the base of the latch (bolted to the body) that the "U" on the hatch pushes down when it closes.
        Forgot about that one...
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

I did not know about the one in back but wondered what made the light to come on. Now I know thanks.
          Blazer

Comment

Working...
          X