X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tires???What to get.

Hi all,
    Well the divorce is about final. I will be getting my retirment from
    Kroger in a couple of days. It is only 3000 dollars. Anyway I am going to use it to keep the Hawk payments up to date.

I need to get new tires. I cannot afford the Firehawk tires but what about Pepboys or Big O tires. Anybody tried them?

Let me know.
    Thanks all,
    Adam H. 2002 T/A Firehawk #536

tires

I went to Goodyear and bought some Cooper Cobras. very nice aggressive looking tread very stylish as it has a cobra head on the side wall. and the tires last quite a long time. I am not sure of their rating but I think it was fair to good on all tests. It cost about 440.00 for all four mounted and balanced. I was cheap and did not buy the warranty. a year later I got a side puncture in my tire (very small) so I had to put a used tire on it. then the next month I got a nail in the other one really close to teh side wall and it rubbed a hole in the side wall before I replaced it (stupid me) so now I am rolling on mismatched shoes until I got 200 more dollars up for some new tires and the warranty.

I'll try and get a pic of one of the two tires left so you can see them.

Jason

Comment

My T/A came with a set off brand new Cooper Cobra's when I bought it a couple of months ago. IMO they look good and handle well.

Haven't had much driving in the rain though to tell you whether they handle well in the wet.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

come on man........

firehawk sz50 ep's from www.tirerack.com are affordable.

the tire is the final link between your car and the road and your cars handling capabilities. to sacrafice and put cheap tires on a firehawk......is like buying a 200.00 tennis racquet and getting 5.99 nylon strings put in it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

When I was going through a divorce and was in a pinch, I went through two sets of Pep Boys Futura Ultra Zs. They are made by Cooper and for the price are a pretty decent tire. They grip pretty well, treadwear is decent (Got 38K out of the last set), price is tough to beat. Ultimately not as good as the SZ50s but you could do worse.

Comment

Working...
          X