Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition components

MSD 8.5 Super Conductor Wires (Red) and NGK TR55 Spark Plugs

93-94 LT1 MSD Distributor Cap & Rotor or do i go with 95-97 LT1 MSD Distributor Cap & Rotor? i thought i heard to go with a 95 and up?

do these parts sound good to do for this winter?
    1995 LT1 bird
    10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
    275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
    agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
    6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Since you have a 95, you have to use the 95-97 vented Opti. You have no choice. Its the preferred version. I converted my 94 to use the vented version (OEM part).

MSD 8.5's are excellent. They are a bit of a problem to fit in the stock brackets and looms. I run them, but not in a stock routing. I had good results with NGK plugs, but was running the TR6 for nitrous.

Sounds like a good plan.

Be aware.... the MSD Opti is not yet a "proven" component. They have had problems with seals, the rotor screws coming loose, the fact there is no "0" point on the timing adjustment. MSD has responded by attempting to address at least the earliest problems, but do not assume it is "bulletproof" as many have.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X