Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some part opinions

Hey guys,

I just got some money for Christmas and decided to treat my car to some new parts. Originally I was thinking about getting the SLP CAI, but am starting to lean towards the Moroso or K&N one (a lot cheaper, just not as flashy...). I also decided to pick out a new air intake elbow and air foil. Any suggestions on any of these parts? I would really like to get some opinions from you guys; I hate just picking a part that I really don't know a lot about. Is one air foil brand better than the other? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
    Mods:
    "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
    Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Crane 1.5rrs
    Comp high tech pushrods
    Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
    SLP Loudmouth II
    SLP Cold air intake
    PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
    UMI adjustable panhard
    UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

The airfoil supposedly does next to nothing, so I wouldn't waste my money on it. My car has one but only because the previous owner put it on there. I can't really help you on the CAI question because my car is a WS6.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I had the Moroso on my 95 and if I had to do it again I would do the SLP. The Moroso didn't fit very well. I had to cut about an inch off the end that connects to the mass air flow sensor to get it to go in. After that it was fine and it definitely helps the performance and sound. Taking it off and on isn't the easiest thing to do.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I have got the SLP an like it.
        Blazer

Comment

i have seen those airfoils take a $#!t on the car's idle, seeing that it covers the hole in between the butterfly valves. As for the CAI, i have the K&N filtercharger and its a good set-up. Noticable gains. The elbow: I have seen some polished/unpolished aluminum ones from B&M(?) that look pretty cool. however i haven't heard any reviews.

PS: If you want to make the car inhale better (via CAI), you may want to think about making it exhale better (via exhaust/headers)
          -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

I had SLPs CAI on my 95. Perect fit. I added a vortech elbow and powdercoated it black to match. Relocated my IAT into the airpump hole.
            2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Another fan of the SLP unit. Metal construction too.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments everyone! I ordered a SLP CAI and LMII Cat back last night. I decided just to hold off on the air foil and intake elbow for now (mainly because of money constraints). Now i'll be watching for the UPS man until my packages arrive. I can't wait to put both of them on; hope I don't run into any problems. Now I know what you guys mean by getting addicted to car mods haha
                Mods:
                "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
                Pro 5.0 Shifter
                Crane 1.5rrs
                Comp high tech pushrods
                SLP Loudmouth II
                SLP Cold air intake
                UMI adjustable panhard

Comment

Move the IAT and it will help. What kinda of tune do you have?
                  2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

I have a stock tune...I'm probably eventually going to get a custom one, but i'm going to wait until I have modded a lot more. Otherwise, i'll have to get a custom tune more than once.
                    Mods:
                    "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
                    Pro 5.0 Shifter
                    Crane 1.5rrs
                    Comp high tech pushrods
                    SLP Loudmouth II
                    SLP Cold air intake
                    UMI adjustable panhard

Comment

I had the SLP CAI. It looked nice once installed, but it's a bit of a pain to get to the filters. The filters fit into the hole under the stock airbox, but tend to rub against the metal when you install it.
                      Joe K.
                      '11 BMW 328i
                      '10 Matrix S AWD
                      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
                        I had the SLP CAI. It looked nice once installed, but it's a bit of a pain to get to the filters. The filters fit into the hole under the stock airbox, but tend to rub against the metal when you install it.
                        Did you remove or cutout part of the plastic fender panel to let more air in?

Comment

Working...
                        X