Aftermarket Tail Lens for WS6?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Tail Lens for WS6?

Does anyone know of an aftermarket Altezza-like tail light for a 1993 and up Trans Am/Firebird? There are some really nice looking ones for the camaros but not the T/A. No fair . Let me know.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Don't do it! Don't do it! DON'T do it!

Those things belong on riced out imports... they don't belong ANYWHERE near your V8 muscle car.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I know, I know. I really don't want a clear, euro looking tail light (like the ricers), just something without those ugly horizontal lines. Check out model #CTCE322CB for the camaro.
      http://www.lightlens.com/chevrolet.htm
      I want something like that for a TA. Let me know what you think?

Comment

Why not go for the 98+ Hex style? Personally I would not be caught dead with those ones on that link IMHO. To each his own, but I think they are extreme rice. Reminds me of that civic I saw on my way home... 1 ugly wing on the back, and yes, one on the roof too! UGGGGHHHH! Altezza lights do not belong on an f-body. But you asked for my opinion.
        1995 Firebird Formula
        (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

What ever happened to tinted or smoked tail lights?

Are there any available? Wouldn't mind something like that.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Man, you guys are making me feel bad for even suggesting a different taillight . No but seriously, I just wish there were a few more options to personalize the f-body exterior, you know what I mean?

Comment

Personalizing is one thing... Altezzas are another, bro...

Wouldn't the 98+ hexagonal design taillights fit in there? I think those are pretty awesome.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                Personalizing is one thing... Altezzas are another, bro...

Wouldn't the 98+ hexagonal design taillights fit in there? I think those are pretty awesome.
                It works...and it looks damn good.

Not fast and furious like this...
                2001 Pontiac Trans Am A4
                Black/ Black Leather
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawk2001

Intake plaque and engraving pics at:
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawkinc

MTI lid, K&N filter, Free Mods, !Nostril, True dual exhaust with Dynomax Bullets

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  I know, I know. I really don't want a clear, euro looking tail light (like the ricers), just something without those ugly horizontal lines. Check out model #CTCE322CB for the camaro.
                  http://www.lightlens.com/chevrolet.htm
                  I want something like that for a TA. Let me know what you think?
                  Even these:

I don't think are befitting to a Camaro... to each his own indeed... but please, don't do it. It's something the ricer crowd does... and the ricer crowd also puts on mix-matched body kits, fart can mufflers, fake boost gauges, and ugly spoilers... Your car is too good for that, man.

Comment

I'm sure everyone here has seen this before, but in the interest of anti-rice, check this out..... Totally true. You don't even want to look vaguely like one of these pieces of crap.

http://riceboypage.com/

Comment

Alright, alright. You have convinced me. I guess I'll go with the 98-02 hex lights. They look decent. Hey look the F-Body Forum actually works. I asked for your opinions and I GOT THEM and I respect them and it made me think "yeah they are right, I want nothing in common with the ricer posers!" I could just imagine a Civic pulling up next to me and saying "hey your car sounds bad ass and by the way, cool tailights, I have the same ones"
                      Thanks for the therapy, I can can see clearly now!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        Alright, alright. You have convinced me.........I can can see clearly now!
                        YAY!!!!!!

Comment

wow...yet another one enlighten. I like the pre-98 tail lights...personally, I'd keep em. True, TA owner don't have much to go one to make their car different...and the stuff they do have isn't eye candy to me. A lot of it is ugly...stick to the stock look and make little changes that catches the eye off guard. Example: I have a windshield banner in black...and you can't even see if till the sun reflects off of it or until you sit in the car...reaction "whoa, I didn't even see that, that's really cool"...see???

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

They don't look that bad, do they?

97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

That's funny.
                              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                              X