BMR Relocation Brackets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMR Relocation Brackets

I just installed some BMR relocation brackets. The setting I put the lower control arms was on the lower hole. I was wondering would this be the best setting for drag racing and everyday driving? Or should I set the lower control arms on the higher hole? I will be running at the track on saturday hopefully since I am on some nitto drag radials I purchased. So I am thinking which settings to set on the lower control arms. Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly apprecaited thanks. The reason I ask is I have heard by putting the control arm on the lowest setting, the car does a power hop whening launching. Is that good?
    Eric Lelina
    95 Z28
    Tuned by Carolina Auto Masters
    302hp and 335tq
    M6,GMPP CAI,1.6 Crane Gold RRs, MAC Headers,1LE intake elbow,Air Foil,!TB Bypass,Hypertech 160 Thermostat,Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm Wires,Accel Super Coil,MSD 6al,SLP 2otl catback, Eibach Pro Kit,DMS SFCs,Hotchkis STB,BMR Adjustable PHR,Global West LCA,1LE Sway bars front and rear,KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, Energy Suspension Tranny Mount and Endlinks,Prothane Poly Torque Arm Mount,LS1 Driveshaft,17x9 SS rims.

Ive read that the ideal spot for LCA's is level with the ground. Taking this into account, you would want to put them in what ever hole puts them perpendicular with the ground. However, Im not too sure about that. What track do you run at? Do you run at Carlsbad? I know a few people that go down there. Ever see a Blue Corvette Z06 there with skinnies and Slicks?
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

"Level with the ground" = "parallel with the ground".

For drag racing, you want to insure the connection at the axle remains below the connection at the body, even under chassis squat on launch. The lowest bolt hole will insure this happens. The middle hole will probably be OK on a stock ride-height car, without a huge power adder. Not sure what you mean by a "power hop".... in general, you want the tire to stay in contact with the ground, the axle to be pressing down on the wheel, and the body to lift slightly. I can't think of any reason you would want a "hop".

Not sure how the hole selection affect "normal driving" or aggressive use like Auto-X. Someone who actually drives their car around a corner will have to comment.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I have mine mounted at the lowest hole on my BMR brackets and driving around seems the same. I haven't auto crossed since I did this though. Not sure if it helps or is bad for that.

Andy
        '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
        339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
        '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

Well..... there are a few good and bad points. On acceleration, the relocation brackets work great at driving the differential to the pavement. There is a downside though. If you are in reverse and happen to hit the throttle a hair too hard, it's going to hop like a mad rabbit. I also feel that in corning over less than smooth surfaces, the chassis becomes a little unsettled. You might want to experiment with which hole you use. The bottom one is definately more aggressive, the top might be a better compromise.

Comment

Working...
          X