Keyless remote losing sync

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless remote losing sync

I'm done some searches for a similiar problem but haven't found any...please excuse me if this problem has been asked and addressed.

My son has a plain Jane 96 camaro. His keyless remotes stop working every couple of days. Alll we do is stand next to the vehicle and hold down the 2 buttons to resync the remotes....problems solved...at least for a few days.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

Best guess would be the BCM (body control module)

Comment

Low battery possibly?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

If the cover is loose, the battery can lose it's connection and reset the key fob......

If the remote is an older one, you may need a new one.
        Darrin C
        '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
        07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by divotdug
          I'm done some searches for a similiar problem but haven't found any...please excuse me if this problem has been asked and addressed.

My son has a plain Jane 96 camaro. His keyless remotes stop working every couple of days. Alll we do is stand next to the vehicle and hold down the 2 buttons to resync the remotes....problems solved...at least for a few days.

Any ideas??

Thanks.
          Did try cleaning the chip with Q-tip and rubbing alcohol?

i cleaned mine and it started working but it won't unlock the doors only locks and pops the hatch i put new battery and reprogrammed it
          1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Sounds to me like you need a new remote.

I picked up a gently used one off of e-bay for under $20 and also bought a non-working remote to use the case only.

I checked the dealership and I think they run about $65 new, maybe less from one of the online GM parts dealers.

Just search e-bay with the GM part number on the back of your remote, make sure that matches and that the FCC ID matches as well.
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Working...
            X