Cd changer ejecting itself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd changer ejecting itself

I've got the monsoon radio with a 12 cd changer in the rear of a 1997 Trans Am. Initially when the magazine is placed in, everything seems to work fine. After driving a while, the magazine will eject itself leaving one cd and it's carrier inside the changer. Most of the time I can get the cd out with no problem, I did have to take apart the changer once to remove the cd, carrier and magazine. It is not the same position of the individual cd everytime. I never put the magazine back in with the cd that did not eject, I just leave that one out and the magazine will eject itself again after driving a bit. I am not listening to the cd's when this happens. Any ideas of should I buy a new changer?
    97 Trans AM WS6 RamAir

Is it level? I would use some compressed air(computer stuff in a can) blow out the insides a bit. Also shake it for loos e parts.
    2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Yea, it should be level ,factory mounted. I'll try the compressed air idea, nothing to lose.
      97 Trans AM WS6 RamAir

Comment

Mine was acting up also, A few discs popped off the trays. I wipped them off and gave a it a nice cleaning.
        2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Working...
        X