Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unplugged lead to VATS system- car still starts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unplugged lead to VATS system- car still starts?

Alright, as some of you know I've been trying to bypass my VATS system to get rid of a security light. I know I shouldnt be complaining, but when I was about to solder my resistor into the wiring leading to the VATS box, I unplugged the connector for the wires leading to the box. Just for the heck of it, I tried starting my car, and ya know what? It still started. Disconnected the battery and then reconnected it to reset the computer, still started, but the security light is still on, this one's got me puzzled, cuz the car shouldn't be able to start with no signal going to the VATS. I'm not the original owner of the car, so do you guys think its possible that the original owner had VATS deleted from the PCM?

Are you absolutely sure you are unplugging the right thing? Can you post a pic of the connector?

Comment

im positive, its two white wires that have orange wrap and then went into a connector with a purple wire, and another wire. The wires were also very small in comparison to the others coming out of the steering column so impretty sure its them, unless theres another set of wires that look like it
      I would post pics but my digi cam broke

Comment

Why would the security light be on and it still be able to start? I think the PCM has been hot wired. I wonder if somebody soldered in a resister in the PCM. BTW I know nothing about the VATS but this doesn't make sense.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

It doesnt make sense to me either, an old guy owned my car before me and didnt make any mention when I bought it, and never owning a newer camaro before, I didn't know if the security light was normal or not, oh well, Chevrolet dealership I come... I guess

Comment

Working...
          X