Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor???

Guys,

My TransAm now has 125,000 on it. This summer it began to run rougher and rougher. I'm planning a full tuneup. Several of you recommended replacing the optispark. I found a brand new one for a fair price-so I'm ordering it. Other than new plugs and wires-any advice?

Scott

P.S. The new one is an MSD-think it will be good.

The MSD is hit and miss. They don't seem to have all the bugs worked out of it. The best value, IMO, is the stock GM opti at dealer wholesale price.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
      The MSD is hit and miss. They don't seem to have all the bugs worked out of it. The best value, IMO, is the stock GM opti at dealer wholesale price.
      Yup. Stock seems to be best at this point.

And keep in mind when buying wires that anything larger than 8mm wires will not fit in the wire looms, so you will have trouble getting them routed in the stock location. The problem is specifically behind the power steering pump where the wires fit into some plastic channels to make the corner.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

optispark

I'm willing to buy the GM optispark. Any idea of cheapest place to look?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-93 TransAm
          I'm willing to buy the GM optispark. Any idea of cheapest place to look?

Scott
          http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#Dal_and_Jason
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X