Windshield price???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield price???

Hey guys, anyone know how much winshield's for Camaros go for? I made the freaking stupid mistake of not getting a rock chip fixed and now it has turned into a crack that spread all the way across the windshiled. So now I am sure I am going to have to shell out a fortune for a new one. Anyone know anything about how much I am looking at? Thanks in advance.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

hey i just put a new windsheld in my 99 camaro. it was 125 front diamond auto glass in pa.

Comment

I have State Farm and they have a windshield repair/replace policy with $0 deductable. I had mine done in my last Mustang for free. Does your policy have that?
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

yeah definately check if your insurance covers it. It's a law here in FL that it does. Not sure about where you live but it might be free in your state too. Good Luck....Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

windshield

had mine replaced two weeks ago, 170 my cost or 320 dollars insurance cost with no deductible. deductible was 100.00 so I had my company pay for it.

try the insurance company and whoever you take it to see if they will pay the deductible for you like mine did.

Jason

Comment

I got one for my bird from a junk yard for $20 and installed for another $60. It worked great for me, but new windshelds look better and are a lot less likely to crack on install.
            SOLD: 91 Firebird, 350 .030 over, flat top pistons, done up 305 (14022801) heads, performer rpm airgap intake, 292/292 .501/.501 cam, holley 4150 (800cfm) carb, Th400 trans, Gm 10 bolt posi rear end. Currently running 14.6 at 93 mph. Now driving a 04 Mitsu Lancer, slower but at 1.87 per gallon for gas; much cheaper to run

Comment

99camaroSS Where at in PA do you live. Is Diamond Auto Glass a chain in PA because I live in Lewistown, PA and had mine done last spring for $280 from them and that was out of pocket. Having it done on insurance would have been around $450.
              1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

200 flat for my 92...but shop around, I found out prices varies a great deal. 4th gens have a windshield the size of a fullsized truck...so you can expect to pay more. Insurance covers it too..but a deductible usually applies. It did for me...200 on my own or 460 through insurance...take your pick.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. The unfortunate thing is that I live in Canada, so with the exchange the price looks like it will be pretty high. And, according to a few of the people I have talked to here, insurance doesn't cover it unless you have a package deal......which I do not. Dangit. Oh well...just goes on the list of other stuff I need to save up to fix on the car. I hate living here....I miss Texas...

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                  X