96 TA Dash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 TA Dash

My friend is fixing up a 96 TA that was wrecked and the air bags went off. On the passenger side dash where the airbag came out the vinyl is really chipped up and the piece over the dash is ripped up. Is this fixable or does an entire new dash pad have to be put in.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

clean it up the best you can and put a small tv in there. have the ps2 bolted sidways under teh dash and play games while you are being driven around. LOL

Do you have a pic of it so we can what you are talking about? how bad are the chips, and the rip. dashes can be repaired but it may not look as good as a new(used) one that is not damaged.

Jason

Comment

I mentioned the ps2 idea to him I've heard of that before but he says he wants it to look like its back in origional condition. The chips aren't that bad. Where would you go to get something like that fixed or is there something you can buy to do it yourself. Also from what I can tell the whole dash is one piece and probably alot of $$$ to replace or can you get them cheap?
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

try apholstry shops and ask them. It may need to be sent to a place like just dashes to repair but I do not know as I have never had mine done. I just know the older cars were repairable. Wish I was of more help.

Jason

Comment

Working...
        X