Hose Clamps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose Clamps

I'm just curious what kind of clamps some of you guys use on your coolant hoses. I'm just not happy with the way those worm gear type hose clamps tighten. Especially the smaller ones, overtighten them and they are history. I want a good positive seal and I'm sure there is something better. I hate thinking that a 50 cent part might bring my car to a grinding halt. Call me OCD if ya want.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

If you want the best hose clamps that wont come off unless you want them to look at McMaster Carr #54105K37 (1/4" hose clamp). You dont need the crimp tool just a pair of wire cutters to crimp them on (just dont go nuts on them or they will get cut :P)

They come in all sorts of sizes.

We use them at work on HIGH vibration eq where the gear ones would come off.
    94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Canuk
      If you want the best hose clamps that wont come off unless you want them to look at McMaster Carr #54105K37 (1/4" hose clamp). You dont need the crimp tool just a pair of wire cutters to crimp them on (just dont go nuts on them or they will get cut :P)

They come in all sorts of sizes.

We use them at work on HIGH vibration eq where the gear ones would come off.
      i use the normal hose clamps and never had a problem with them coming off anything. i work on my car too much to keep putting on those crimp kind. i usually use this kind for most everything.

http://homepage.mac.com/ratwell/.Pic...ABACatalog.jpg

they make them in bigger sizes also.
      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Working...
      X