Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Impala LT1 waterpump fit the Camaro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Impala LT1 waterpump fit the Camaro?

I noticed that the impala heater hose connections are positioned differently than the f-bodys. The different placement will work better for my 3rd gen. Does anybody know if there are any other differences between the two? If not, I may be switching soon.
    No F-Body right now

You can use it as long as you don't need the outlet for an oil cooler. Impys didn't have them. It may actually work better for you, as you probably won't have the port on the radiator for that hose anyway.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I am using an LT1 radiator. So I do have that port. Can I just plug that hole? Im not running any oil through my rad.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
        Im not running any oil through my rad.
        LOL, the oil cooler does not run oil through the rad.

It works by running coolant through a heat exchanger located between the block and the oil filter. The heat exchanger is a 3" thick black metal canister that has 2 coolant hose fittings on it. It threads on the blocks oil filter adapter, then the filter threads directly onto the cooler.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
          I am using an LT1 radiator. So I do have that port. Can I just plug that hole? Im not running any oil through my rad.
          You can just cap that port on the radiator, then.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X