$2.00 home depot ramp fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2.00 home depot ramp fix

On concrete its hard to use ramps(they slide forward even with the rubber on the bottom)So a quick fix idea. I drilled 2- 4" holes in the concrete and matching holes in a 2"x4" Place the 2"x4" on the ground, insert 6" bolts and it now stops the ramps from going forward.

2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Thats a good idea but the only downfall is that now you have something you have to work over all the time. You can no longer go under the front of the car with a creeper. All I do is place the ramps, then kick them under the tire a bit and then drive right on up. Works 90% of the time.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

NO No No ...I remove the 2x4 when the car is in the air. It only stops the ramps while driving up. Pull the bolts Im good.
      2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

oh ok, I thought it was bolted to the floor.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Id leave the bolts in the holes when theyre not being used...that way it keeps rocks or other trash from falling in and jamming up the holes.
          LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

I sweep my garage almost daily....aint no big thing.

Comment

cool idea, i just use my jack and jackstands, drive the car onto the 2x4 and jack it up by the k frame or rear end, and throw the stands under, i never felt safe using those plastic/fiberglass/compsite ramps. my father has some old steel ones that i use to use
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

That's a great idea!

If some crud did happen to get in the holes I'm sure a Shop Vac would easily suck it back out if needed.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Working...
                X