Lucas oil stabilizer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas oil stabilizer

Has anyone used this in their crankcase or tranny?

I just changed my oil today and used a 36% solution and put 2 qts of Lucas oil stabilizer and 3 and 1/2 qts of 10w30 synthetic. (2/5.5=0.36..)

it is a very viscous fluid, almost like honey.

WOW!

The car runs very smoothly, the engine is quieter, oil pressure is at 45psi constantly, requardless of temp. Also, the engine behaves differently: it wraps faster, much like when you quickly rev it on a cold day. i am very pleased with the results. I will soon put some in my tranny fluid then
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

I use it and it seems to help a ton. It is very messy because like you said it's like honey. Many others here use it and would recommend it. However, I have not yet used the tranny stuff.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Thicker oil and higher pressure is not necessary. You are wasting power to drive the pump, and adding load to the oil pump, which is driven by a fragile plastic support. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I wouldn't put additives in anything but a beater. So many of them have been found to do more harm than good in the long run, I just don't believe in them. The crankcase should be fine with any quality oil. That is what was made to run in it.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I use it...started to use it at 175K along with 10w30 mobil1.

I live by it and recommend it...it's in my transmission and power steering. I know it help with my tranny and ps. Smoother operation.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I use lucas as a band aid in high mileage cars. Not for the engine, but in differentials, power steering systems, manual transmissions, where ever things are getting tired and need to last a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
              Thicker oil and higher pressure is not necessary. You are wasting power to drive the pump, and adding load to the oil pump, which is driven by a fragile plastic support. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations.
              I agree completely.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

MOTOR HONEY.....FTW!!!
                My DD
                2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

ive either built myself at the age of 19 or been apart of a build of 30+ motors from turboed 4 cylinders all the way up to a 502 BBC and when they used lucas oil stabalizer even up to 376,000 miles the cylinders were clean as anything now when they didnt use lucas WOW . i wouls DEFINATELY recommend lucas oil stabalizer and tranny anything lucas is great even their fuel injector.
                  94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
                  94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                  75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                  1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
                  GOT PSi?
                  Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
                    ive either built myself at the age of 19 or been apart of a build of 30+ motors from turboed 4 cylinders all the way up to a 502 BBC and when they used lucas oil stabalizer even up to 376,000 miles the cylinders were clean as anything now when they didnt use lucas WOW . i wouls DEFINATELY recommend lucas oil stabalizer and tranny anything lucas is great even their fuel injector.
                    Unless you directly compare like engines under the same conditions with different oil recipes, I don't see how results can be meaningful. JMHO.
                    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I've been maintaining my own cars for over 50 years. Being a licensed professional (mechanical) engineer, with 14 years with a major oil company in research, engineering and service/distribution doesn't hurt either. I have never found it necessary to utilize oil "additives". The guys that built my current engine, and many extreme performance machines, wouldn't think of using additives. Modern oils are complete packages. UOA's talk, BS walks. JMHO.
                      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

?Aside from the oil pump wearing out(?) what other harm can be done? Just curious.

Thanks
                        -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Has anyone actually used the demonstration display for Lucas oil stabilizer? It takes more effort to turn the wheels/gears with that additive than the one with just engine oil. That alone tells you that there will be a lose of performance.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

The only thing i've used is the transmission fluid additive. I used it in my old 92 eclipse 5 spd. The first to second shift would grind like hell, used that stuff as per the directions and the shift became smooth. But the car was my first and had 150,000+ miles so i didn't really care if it did harm or not.
                            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
                            X