SLP Day at Englishtown...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Day at Englishtown...

Anyone go? Unfortunately, I was out of town and unable to go. However, I've seen/heard nothing about it. Was it a bust?

I've been trolling the SLP site to see any info. on it (i.e. pictures, etc) but nothing.

What's up with SLP these days? I've heard through the rumor mill that they are in a major battle with GM right now over the use of the term "The Judge". Sounds like SLP has/had some plans for the GTO...
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

i didnt go either...and from what i heard.. .im glad.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Ken!! care to elaborate??
      94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

I went.... seemed like the turnout was just as big as in the past... maybe slightly less, but still a good crowd.

Seemed like a lot more 3.8 GTP's than in the past, some LS1 Corvettes putting down some very good numbers. The usual 300+ street tire cars and about 10 of us running slicks. I had a bad day, since it turned out the shop had assured me the nitrous program was in the computer, but when I finally got my new "look ma, no serial port" laptop to connect they had switched it back to the NA program, and I didn't have a copy of the nitrous program on the laptop. So, instead of making a decent pass, I ended up with another mid 11's @ 117 NA pass. Bryan Loo continues to amaze.... 3 almost identical 10.6's on a basically stock block 99 SS with a 150-shot.

For the old MAFBA people, Joe Burda was there (helped me with the @@#@#$%$$ laptop). His 97 SS is "in the garage", but he was running his 2004 Silverado SS. I think it was running 15.1@89mph.... the quickest SS there. Some guy with a 2500 Silverado "dually" was running 13's !!!!!
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

well..let me clarify.....

im glad i didnt got for the 'event'.....but sad i didnt go to see my old friends......... thats for sure.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I went, took my first ever run on the strip, and bought my Loudmouth exhaust at a great price. Then watched everyone else run. It was a great day, and I am looking forward to next year's event. I was trying to video tape some of the event, but it came out all messed up for some reason. Great people, great time. I guess I did okay for my first ever run, with the minimal mods I have, and stock exhaust. 14.12 @99.82 I should definately be in the 13's with a little practice. I had a .890 R/T (horrible I know, I was a little nervous) and a 2.337 60'. Still managed to beat the 4th gen camaro in the other lane by .3432 though!

SLP CAD 2003 Pics

Pics on the hideout site
            1995 Firebird Formula
            (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Some changes from past years....

-admission was no longer "free".....$10 to show, $20 to race.

-the "goody bag" was.... well.... not a "bag", just a t-shirt and a cap.

-the event lasted all day... not ending at 3:00pm like in the past.

The track was a little looser than normal on their "noise" regulations... I teched on the trailer and they never made me start it up. And I don't recall anyone geting thrown out for too loud an exhaust. They did repeatedly warn people not to open up cutouts.....

I thought there was a good group of really sociable people. I loaned some tools to a guy in the pits who bought some SLP bolt-on SFC's and installed them on the spot. Met two people who had accidents coming to the event.... bummer. Mike/HOSS Furtaw and Doug were there helping direct traffic... more old MAFBA people.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
              X