ABS INOP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS INOP

My ABS INOP light is on, could this be caused of the rain moisture getting to a connector??
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Mine was on for about 50 miles of my Niagara Falls trip last summer. It went away after that and I never saw it again. As for your question I have no idea, but thought I would throw in what happened to me.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

kill the caps in the subject line or the thread gets deleted. you have a habit of doing that, usually it gets edited. Time to moderate yourself.

Comment

Mine does this too when I corner hard. It goes out when I shut the car off and start it up again. I'm thinking it might have something to do with my front tires since they are nearing end of life, but that's just a guess. I tried cleaning the rear sensor as was suggested in another thread, but that had no effect. We'll see what happens when I replace those tires.
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

could also be a burned out 3rd brake light bulb.

Comment

I was never able to get rid of mine. It all started when I first replaced the plug wires, so I thought it had something to do with interference. Putting plastic wire covers helped for a bit, but eventually, it came back. Now, I permanently deleted ABS, unfortunately. Things to check are: What Joe said, 3rd brake light, connector to front hubs, connector to the rear end.
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
            X