Found out what was wrong with my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found out what was wrong with my car

About a month ago I posted about my car having bogging problems. A lot of you thought it was MAF or MAF sensor related. Turned out to be a clogged fuel filter. Ran to pepboys today and bought one for $9.99 and my dad and I installed it. Problem solved.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Yeah, fuel is kinda important. And Air. And Spark.

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Did you have to drop the axle to get to the fuel tank to get to the filter?

I heard you did but I was not sure. How many miles does your car have on it?

Comment

No, I didn't drop anything. I just jacked the car up and underneath I went. The fuel filter was located underneath in the center towards the driver side. It was all rusty with black gue. I washed the lines down with WD40 and applied the new filter. Thats it!
        Hercules

Comment

cool, I guess I better get to mine, it is probably still the original one on it.

Comment

Just becareful when u unplug the old filter out it will leak gas and make sure u have an old rag around you.
            Hercules

Comment

no smoking!

You may want to relieve the pressure at the fuel rail first to minimize the leakage. It is going to leak some no matter what you do, though.

Comment

do not smoke so no problem there, got dirty rags and since I own a 65 fury leak monster I am too familiar with messes in my garage. LOL

just need some heat cause it is like thirty out here

Comment

Working...
                X