Ugh...see inside...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh...see inside...

Well, it finally happened...almost 26 yrs. old and this...

...and just in case those didn't show enough of the new paint "work"...

And how did this happen? Well, on my way to work on the 22nd of Feb., I get a mid-90's Accord in front of me. We approach a stoplight and it turns yellow. At this point, he gets on his brakes...and I do the same. Then, a second later, he lets off...this leads me to believe he is going to now go through, which is what I want to do as well. Well, low and behold, he changes his mind again and slams on his brakes, coming to a stop. Now, had it not been raining that morning, this probably only would have been a minor inconvenience. But, with the ground being wet, instead of stopping, I slid...right into him. Was I far enough away? Yup...4 or so lengths at around 45 mph...which is the limit for the area. Should I have trusted him? Nope...and that was my fault. Oh well, so it goes, right? My first at-fault accident. I guess it was my time.

So, now why I posted this in the tech section. First off, the only damage that can be seen so far is the bumper cover, the hood and the headlight support panel. Is there anything else I should prepare for before I take it into the shop?

Second...I'm about 95% convinced on getting a new factory hood. But, part of me does still want to change it. I was thinking about the Ram Air hood from either www.youngsfbody.com or www.usbody.com. That's the style I want. Does anyone know of any place else that builds this style hood but doesn't charge as much? Quality is obviously preferred to price, but if I can get the same quality for cheaper then all that much better.

Thanks for the help and letting me rant.

P.S. - at least my new phone takes good pics lol
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

I would get SS hood for camaro. Ram air is for Firebirds
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
        I would get SS hood for camaro. Ram air is for Firebirds
        2 problems...performance issue for me, I can't justify putting the airbox on top of the motor (heatsoaked air can't help performance)...personal issue for me, its not an SS and I don't want it to look like one. Thanks for the suggestion though.

And yes Tom, I know, carbon fiber... lol
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later

And yes Tom, I know, carbon fiber... lol
          Ah...well...you know, just tossin it out there
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
            Ah...well...you know, just tossin it out there
            Yeah yeah yeah. If they had it in the style I want, I'd consider it. But the cowl induction hood does nothing for me.

Just for reference, here's what I'd love mine to look like (this guy's car is nearly identical to mine, wheels and all).

http://www.usbody.com/__Photo-Galler...-ra2-003-b.htm
            Steve

Comment

None of your pictures are showing up for me.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Pictures showed up for me an man that hood makes a statement. I like it.
                Blazer

Comment

my brother's 92Z looks like a beast with the ram air
                  -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                  2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    None of your pictures are showing up for me.
                    Me, either.
                    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Sorry to hear of the carnage. And yeah, the pics don't work for me either.

Comment

Why are you trying to bully a Honda, Steve?

Sorry about the accident. It's tough to see your car banged up. Look at the bright side... At least it wasn't the Grand National.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                          Look at the bright side... At least it wasn't the Grand National.
                          That's exactly what Steve and I talked about too.

For those that can't see the pics (I can't either though), we inspected it and it wasn't as bad as I thought, considering a ~25 mph crash. Mostly plastic cracked and other things that got misadjusted and misaligned. Of course the hood and bumper cover are bad. All definitely repairable, thank goodness.
                          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Sorry that the pics aren't showing up...guess my host is at it again...ugh. I'll attach them here.

Yes Blazer, that hood definitely makes a statement...hence why I like it so much lol

Steel...back off VTEC boy lol j/k

And yes, at least it wasn't the GN. Every time I look at the Z I'm thankful it wasn't the GN. Now I just need to get everything patched up and I'll be happy again.
                            Attached Files
                            Steve

Comment

Walk it off, son......... It's just a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X