No announcement yet.

Please Help, Bad heater core?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as so ably pointed out, the heater is on teh vacuum system for control. Just ahd work done--KNOW that's teh case!
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Originally posted by CLWILSON
      It appears looking at the control module that the cable opens the door allow the air to flow over the heater control, but there is a vacuum line on the heat control as well that must control the vacuum driven heater valve that is under the hood. Listening a little closer I can hear a leak. Guess I'll try replacing the vaccum disk on the heater control.
      4th gens don't have a heater control valve under the hood. The blend door that is cable controlled is the only thing that regulates the amount of heat.

system drawing

Now, if you are having problems with the air not blowing where the mode selector says, then you might have a vacuum problem.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Just flush out the heater core I just did mine last night and it works great now from not working at all.
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

the selector is a vacuum operated valve
          but the temp is cabled
          my friend just had his blazer flushed for the same problem
          it was clogged with a bunch of slimy looking dirt and crap like that
          Attached Files
          Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

I forgot to mention in the previous posts on this thread that my car is a 91 Camaro. As far as flushing the heater core I just replaced it about 3 weeks ago and it made no difference at all.
            If someone thinks that it may have gotten clogged by something in the hoses immediatelyafter it was installed, let me know I'm not against trying anything to get heat. I really appreciate all suggestions. Thanks.
            Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

well then I think we can rule out a clog
              only thing to do is take the dash apart and look at the linkage
              in the heater controls see if they became disconnected
              look at all vacuum lines etc listen for hisses
              Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

Working...