Slp Cai question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slp Cai question

I finally tracked down a chrome Slp CAI for my 93. I Have a Trick flow Elbow installed. My question is have any of you guys had a problem with the rubber piece between the elbow and the CAI being short? I never cut it down nowing i would be eventually replacing the stock induction with the SLP. It Fits but it's so close the clamps will walk off the rubber. I know they don't have to be tight as Sh-- but the rubber is only overlapping by
    a 1/4 " on each side. The elbow has a ridge and it's just barley past this which will cause the clamp to walk. I'd like to see a 1/2" of overlap on each side. I may try the local heating and air supply to see if they have anything close. Just thought i'd ask the pros .

Are you sure the SLP CAI you bought was specifically for your 93, without the MAF sensor?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

When i bought mine, i actually had to cut the sleeve a bit to make it fit.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
      X