Help with rattles!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with rattles!!!!!

alright, so i just got my stereo all hooked up. 2 12" subs with 1000 watt amp. all the good stuff. they sound awesome, but theres a drawback with all the bump. now there's alot of rattles in the back of the car where the subs are(subs are in a custom box that sits where the t-top holder usually is). my friend reccommended that i dynamat the car, but what i need to know is where good places are to put the dynamat. i think alot of the rattles are coming from the hatch on the plastic panel that fits around the window. okay any advice would be great! i know the rattles will just keep on getting worse, so the sooner the better
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Take the carpet and side panels out and dynamat everything. The more the merry-er. One day I am going to take the seats, carpet, side panels, console, everything out of my car and do it.

BTW the best price I have seen by far is on Amazon.
    10455 Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pack : 9 Sheets : 36 Sq. Ft. Total
    Price: $90.44
    http://www.amazon.com/10455-Dynamat-...6523530&sr=8-3

This is how you do it.
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...hlight=dynamat

2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

How heavy is that stuff?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
        How heavy is that stuff?
        Amazon says the shipping weight of the bulk pack is 25 pounds. I think it will take 2 bulk packs to do everything.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

I don't understand why someone get a Z06 that has had countless hours of work done to get rid of any extra lbs they can and then adds weight in for a stereo. Just get a regular vette and do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Dan
            I don't understand why someone get a Z06 that has had countless hours of work done to get rid of any extra lbs they can and then adds weight in for a stereo. Just get a regular vette and do that.
            I have a regular Vette and a lot of it is because the Z06 does remove the insulation. The Goodyear run crap tires are loud as heck. Since I put the Bridgestones on it, it is a LOT better.

Comment

So 40 poundish? Eh, I'll pass...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
              X