VW jetta check engine light Q

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW jetta check engine light Q

my 2000 jetta check engine light just came on,My cat has been going out for a while and rattling louder then usually lately,will this make the light come on,And im past due for a oil chnage will this make the light turn on,the car runs perfect,Its the most reliable car ive ever owned,but taking it in for routine maitence and checks is very very$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,just to check the light is $89.00
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

I cant have the car break,I use it for my second job,,,,pizza deliver,I work tomorrow and dont like to drive with the light on
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

Sorry ment to post this in the offtopic can someone move it,thanks

Comment

Go to autozone...the scan for free. driving with a bad cat can lead to fouled plugs, o2 sensors. Fix it or it'll just get worse...and more expensive.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

"2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd"

When did that happen? Traitor!!!
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
            "2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd"

When did that happen? Traitor!!!
            What happens when your girlfriend likes Mustangs and you let her drive your F-Body. It ends up in a total loose, and she gets you to get a Rustang!
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

the light has went off,I think its the cat,is it that bad for my car to be driven with a bad cat

Comment

Quit guessing and get it scanned.
                Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                  the light has went off,I think its the cat,is it that bad for my car to be driven with a bad cat
                  I'll say it again...

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                  Go to autozone...the scan for free. driving with a bad cat can lead to fouled plugs, o2 sensors. Fix it or it'll just get worse...and more expensive.
                  Rob is right...get it scanned.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

holmes, a bad cat will set a DTC. VWs are kinda known for that code. go get it scanned at autozone.
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

If the jetta is a 2.0L there is a warrenty extension for 10 years and 120,00 miles on convertors.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                        What happens when your girlfriend likes Mustangs and you let her drive your F-Body. It ends up in a total loose, and she gets you to get a Rustang!
                        LOL!!!

Id take a 03-04 Cobra or New gt500kr
                        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Working...
                        X