Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB - What's you favorite car movie

Hey ya'll

After reading the recent post about how Hollywood is treating hot cars in movies I thought to myself what movies with fast good looking cars everybody else likes.

Was thinking of a poll but then for sure I would forget somebody's favorite. Tell me yours, who knows maybe there's a good one I haven't seen yet.

My favorites:

1. Gone in 60 Seconds (Original)
    2. Mad Max 1
    3. Blues Brothers (I know not too many hot cars but a lot of crashes)

Don't like the new ones with the imports in it (F&F, ....) except the 007 ones of course.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

I don't like Mad Max. Too weird.
    Bullet is one.
    Obviously Vanishing point.
    I'm drawing a blank.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

The Wraith.

Actual Dodge concept car, twin turbo 4 cylinder putting out 440 HP, racing, beating, and then destroying a 3rd gen Vette, Dodge Daytona, and lots of other carnage.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Two Lane Blacktop. Just watched it tonight. What a classic. 2 guys (Dennis Wilson from the Beach Boys & James Taylor the singer) and a chick they picked up driving cross country in a primered '55 Chevy with a fiberglass tilt front end, fiberglass trunk lid, lexan windows, and a dual quad 454, looking for races in every small redneck town they come to and, in the meantime, racing another guy (Warren Oats) in a 70 GTO all the way to Washington DC for pinks. Too cool!

Comment

joe dirt with the plymouth wing car anything mopar oriented in the 70's smokey and the bandit all four of them

the Wraith was awesome!!! loved it

Here is one that you guys may not remember I think it was called death race 2000. basically the race car drivers drove around the town or country in fabricated cars killing people with their cars. They got points for all the kills and of course some kills were worth more than others. I remember a black batmanmobile type car with pointed spikes. It was not gory and it really was a funny movie.

wish I knew where to get it or rent it again. Although if I do I am afraid my boyhood memory will be let down if it finds out that the movie really sucked after all.

Comment

Connonball Run
            Smokey & the Bandit
            Gone in 60 seconds (new one)
            Days of Thunder

95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

I loved the Original Gone in 60 Seconds. Too bad he wrecked a lot of his own cars.

Andy
              '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
              339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
              '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

Gone in 60 (new one)
                Bullitt
                The Fast and the Furious, but only for the friggen cool Charger...*drool*
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Gran Prix, with James Garner, 1966, filmed in Monaco.

LeMans, with Steve Maqueen, 1971, filmed at LeMans.
                  The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

A few of mine are:

Cannonball run (the original)
                    The Wraith
                    Hollywood Knights (gotta love the Cobra and The yellow shoebox)
                    Heart Like a Wheel (Shirley Muldowney story)
                    Smokey and the bandit
                    Mad Max
                    American Graffiti
                    Gone in 60 seconds

Comment

I think we all missed an important one, and one we all loved, whether we admit it or not (and if you don't SHAME ON YOU )

Herbie
                      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6

Herbie
                        DOH! Can't believe I missed that one.

Comment

Being a big Mopar fan and E-bodies are my favorite, the original Vanishing Point. "takes a Dodge to catch a Dodge"
                          1993 Z28 A4 3.73, 2800 B&M Very Clean!!

Comment

Cannonball Run & Smokey & the Bandit (first of both)

Both are interchangeable as my favorite...can't really decide my favorite of the two. I hate to say it, but the opening scene where the Lambo is smoking the T/A is my favorite. If you ever get bored, you can read some of the accounts of the "Real" Cannonball cross country races from the 70s... This article is really good. http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=2521

I really enjoyed the new Gone in 60 seconds, but it didn't have the same flare/comic value as the two previously mentioned movies.

(Herbie "The Love Bug") - I amost forgot about him...it has been a loooooong time since I watched that.
                            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Herbie the luv bug ranks up there with Chiti Chiti Bang Bang. LOL
                              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                              X