ABS brake problem... Inside please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS brake problem... Inside please

Hi Fred... I pulled my car out of my sister's garage about 10 days ago and driving home the ABS, brake and traction control lights come on then go out. It will happen sometime in the driveway without it even moving. Tonight I got my friends MODIS scanner and took a drive and the only thing we would see is the Right and left front solenoids trip when the lights come on. they only stay on for about 2-3 seconds before going back out. We checked the brake lights and I did have to put a new battery in it, but this is leading us toward the EBCM. It has gone a day without it happening and it has happened 30+ times in one day...

Have you ever seen such a thing happen?

Thanks in advance.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

I don't know the answer, but on another forum, I've seen people post this problem, and the suggested fix is to check the connections in the red "+" terminal box on the passenger side inner fender. I'd also recommend that you check all grounds.

Not sure if you helped youself by listing my name in the topic, since I really have no experience with the EBCM setup. There are several other people here who know more than I do about it, I suspect.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The ground connection on the RH shock tower should be checked, too. That is where the ABS unit grounds. Often ABS and dash lights get a little crazy with low voltage.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks Gents... It's strange because it was fine last november when I put it away and started as soon as I brought it out.

Anyone else have a similar problem..

I also pulled your name off it to see if anyone else responds.
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Well not a good evening... I've been chasing this for days now..

Tonight I jacked the car up and it's Nothing obvious... I checked all the connections to the 3 ABS sensors and checked all the wiring to the EBCM. I then cleaned all the grounds I could easily find. I did start it with the right front ABS sensor unplugged and only got the ABS light, which is not good... :-(

I think this is going to get expensive...

I also noticed when I was under the car the steering rack is starting to leak and the A/C compressor was soaked with oil, like it's leaking also..... Ouch....

Not a good evening and the car doesn't even have 63K miles on it...
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Sounds like you've got gremlins. I feel your pain.
            -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
            2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Working...
            X