Ls1 intake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ls1 intake

I took my car to the shop where i used to work yesterday to check my check engine light. It had stored p171 and p174 which are fuel trim lean banks 1 and 2. I checked when i got home and think i found a vacuum leak at the front of the intake where it meets the heads. I am going to replace either the intake gaskets but Im thinking of replacing the entire intake if I can get more power out of it.. My question is, when did they start putting the ls6 intake on all motors and how much of aperformance difference would it make switching from ls1 intake to ls6 if i dont already have it? Also, i know something with the EGR has to be modified but im not sure exactly what.
    LOUD2000T/A
    '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

They put ls6 intake in 01-02
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

the egr has to be removed. the PCV system has to be altered. and you need the LS6 cross over tube and block off plates as well. Or you sand down the ribs off the bottom of the intake. You will gain some I say go for it.

And he is correct they came on the 01-02
      '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
      '00 T/A Silver
      '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

I think I've decided to go with the FAST lsx intake. Would I have to make the same mods to the engine as for the LS6 intake or what.
        LOUD2000T/A
        '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

Comment

I just bought a ported 92 mm fast and 92 mm throttle body from vengance racing. I bought port seals (8), and a crossover kit and rear block off plates. It costed me 1,442 bux shipped to my door.
          [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
          Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
          11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

Comment

Working...
          X