Power Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Windows

Ok, I tried searching the forums thinking that someone has had to do this,BUT...

My wiring harness has be out of the car for some time now, and I haven't put it back in quite yet. My windows are currently down on the car, and they are power windows.

Question is, is there a way to apply voltage to the window motor in order to get the windows to go up, without having the harness or switch connected? via a battery and test leads?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
    1995 Pontiac Formula Firebird 383 Stroker 11.5:1 compression, ASM Thottle body, Custom Grind Comp Cam, MSD ignition, BMR strut, k-member, Upper and Lower control arms, rear control arms, and still a work in progress.

All you have to do it put 12v and ground to the two window motor leads. Reverse the leads to roll it the other way.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks Rob,

I just wanted to make sure I could put 12V without blowing anything out, i.e. the motor. I haven't looked at the wires coming off the motor yet, so hopefully i'll be able to figure out which are grounds and which are power.
      1995 Pontiac Formula Firebird 383 Stroker 11.5:1 compression, ASM Thottle body, Custom Grind Comp Cam, MSD ignition, BMR strut, k-member, Upper and Lower control arms, rear control arms, and still a work in progress.

Comment

There's only two pins on the motor itself. If you apply 12 volt to one and ground to the other, the motor turns. If you reverse the polarity, it turns the opposite way. You can't screw it up.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
          There's only two pins on the motor itself. If you apply 12 volt to one and ground to the other, the motor turns. If you reverse the polarity, it turns the opposite way. You can't screw it up.
          That's what I was trying to say.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I finally did finally figure it out after looking at the wiring diagrams dumb founded for like 30 minutes. Rob I think you were trying to tell me how to do it if the switches were still in the car, but yes, foward and reverse polarity did it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by crazilyconfused
              I finally did finally figure it out after looking at the wiring diagrams dumb founded for like 30 minutes. Rob I think you were trying to tell me how to do it if the switches were still in the car, but yes, foward and reverse polarity did it. Thanks for the help.
              Well, no, but you got it anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X