Stereo project progressing further

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo project progressing further

I got the Soundstream Reference 405 amp hooked up in the trunk. 4ga power cables, Kimbercable speaker wires and some good RCA runs from StreetWires.

The factory Bose radio works great now that I got the CD module back from the repair shop. The amp is cranking.

I already blew one of the factory door speakers. Oh Well.... It was a good excuse to order some 6.75 inch seperates. Ordered MTX Thunder 6000's. got them for 79.00 plus shipping.

I priced a 10 "sub that will run in 1.2 CF down to 20hz. $99.00
    a 2' x 1' x 6" box will cover that and barely take any room from the trunk.

Yee ha. I cant wait to have this done... and on a budget,too.

Rock and Roll!!!
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I should be getting an amp in the next few days. How did you run the cable from the battery through the fire wall? Did you make your own hole or use and exsisting one?
      94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoformula
        I should be getting an amp in the next few days. How did you run the cable from the battery through the fire wall? Did you make your own hole or use and exsisting one?
        Pull the PCM out of the passenger side corner of the engine bay (2 screws) and there is a rubber grommet in the firewall right there. Just poke the wire through!. Couldn't be easier.

Comment

http://shbox.com/fw/Firewall_wire_feed.html
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I got 2ga through the firewall without a problem. Probably should have run 1ga or 0ga, since my sub amp has 2ga in, and I had 3 amps total. JL Audio 6W0 subs can fit in the rear panels, and they sound pretty sweet. Takes a little extra work to get the magnet clearance, but it can be done. I tried them up front, but the drain holes, window leakage made them sound horrible. Best of all, the factory grille still fits over it, for a stealth stock look.
            Attached Files
            1995 Firebird Formula
            (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Originally posted by Formulaboy95
              JL Audio 6W0 subs can fit in the rear panels.
              In the convertible, those rear speakers are open to the inner top well. Zero backpressure. Pretty worthless for bass. The top mechanism also moves pretty close to the frame of the speaker, I dont think there is much room to build an enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoformula
                Thanks for the info. I just bought my amp today, I hope to have my box made and set up within the week.
                94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

Comment

Working...
                X