3.42 gears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.42 gears

I was thinkin about going down to 3.42 instead of the 3.73. i know it may not give me much a mpg difference but ill take what ever i can get. i have a Strange S-60 with 3.73s, 35 splines and detroit true trac. any ideas? Also does anyone have any probs with this type of rear? I heard there pretty strong. I got a little whine arounf 40-50mph. anyone know how to get tid of it?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

How much fuel mileage do you think you would gain? What was your mileage before with the stock 3.42's, compared to the 3.73's you have now? When I still had the M6 and switched from 3.42's to 3.73's I don't recall any significant change in mileage. In fact, it seemed to make 6th gear a bit more useable at the highway cruising speeds I was running in my daily commute.

The S60 was plagued with excessive noise when it was first released. I don't know if they have managed to solve the problems over the past couple years. But "whine" is usually a problem with bad gear setup. I think there may have been some posts about the S60 problems on ls1tech.com. Might be worth a search.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X