Tranny Mount Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Mount Options

Ok yes you all told me so and I didn't listen, imagine that huh? About 4 months ago I replaced my tranny mount with the cheapy auto parts store brand, and yes as you've guessed it's broken again. All the posts I read here said "don't do this". Honestly I just wanted it done and I didn't feel like for the poly mount (couldn't find one locally). Ok so now I'm looking at the Energy Suspension mount from Summit. My question is, does anyone have experience with this mount? I'll listen this time and I'm open for sugestions if anyone can offer advise on alternatives, I don't want to do this again.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

I had an ES mount on my 95 with a 6 speed and had no problems or vibrations out of it. I know the Prothane mount will vibrate with an automatic but I don't know if the ES mount will vibrate with the automatic. The ES mount is softer and has a lot less chance of it.

When I was playing with mounts and had the console out I could see that the Prothane mount did not move at all. I could see the ES mount moving some. The stock mount moved a LOT.

I would not use a Prothane in my lawnmower.

I don't think there is another choice other than the ES mount so you might as well go ahead and order it.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Thanks Jeff, that's just the info I was looking for. ES mount on the way!

Tracy
      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I just installed the ES on my 00' A4. I also trimmed the 2 small bumps on the mount and dont get any vibration.
        2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

i have the prothane lots of vibration but it is rock solid
          93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

Comment

i have the ES mount in my gta and have no problems with it. works great, installed very easily.
            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

I've had the same ES poly mount for over 10 years, under three different tranny setups - T56, TH400 and TH400+Gear Vendor. 800 lb-ft, 6K clutch dumps through a Street Twin, and its still intact. And not enough vibration fo be any kind of an annoyance.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
              X