LT1 swap into a V6 Fuel Pump Swap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 swap into a V6 Fuel Pump Swap?

plain and simple i was gonna pay a guy a grand to swap my mototr and tranny but he backed out im gonna do it myself which wont be a problem but should i swap the fuel pump as well or does the v6 pump put out the same pressure and all?
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Here's a chart of everything you need to swap out.
    http://www.tacreationsusa.com/3_4_3_8_v6_to_lt1.htm
    Good luck, that's a very ambitious project.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

ok thankyou soo much anwsered all but one question the actual computer, i know its dumb but definately swap that as well right!! but i just unbolted the entire thing from my frame/sub-frame and tranny pretty much from the firewall up is yanked outta the z28. im scared sh*tless to do this but the guy backed out and im gonna be soo much happier if i do it myself and plus save me money
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      GOT PSi?

Comment

"The engine harness & PCM are all required changes. " PCM = Computer

Comment

so the wires that come from inside the cab i can keep the same just change the gauge cluster? i really appreciate the help sorry to act like a dummie i just wanna make sure im gonna do everything right
          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
          GOT PSi?

Comment

OK I'm no expert on this but it's my understanding that the "entire" harness has to be changed out. The would include the wiring to the PCM and gauge cluster.

Comment

ok thanks for your help i will post pics up each night hopefully and you all can see the mayhem i am getting myself into lol mind you all im only freakin 19 doing this job a shop told me they didnt wanna get into soo well wait and see it all starts a the break of dawn in the morning.
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              GOT PSi?

Comment

hey guys well its late night of day 2 on the swap and the LT1 M6 has been pulled out with the computer and all the wires, the dash and pedals are in the teal (v6) camaro and hopefully tomorrow i can finish the interior and drop the v6, WOW guys this thing is being a little more stressful then i thought but definately learning alot while im working on it!!! fun, lots of fun!!
                94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                GOT PSi?

Comment

Good for you! I hope it all goes well. I think it's great that you are doing this!

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
                    hey guys well its late night of day 2 on the swap and the LT1 M6 has been pulled out with the computer and all the wires, the dash and pedals are in the teal (v6) camaro and hopefully tomorrow i can finish the interior and drop the v6, WOW guys this thing is being a little more stressful then i thought but definately learning alot while im working on it!!! fun, lots of fun!!
                    ur gonna cuss, ur gonna hate it, ur gonna get hurt but in the end u will gain alot of experince, and word of advice there will be problems afterwards so be prepared(usually its stupid stuff)
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

definately guys boyh moyors are out and the cars are stripped ima set up a photobucket of pics so you guys can see and tell me what ya think. tomorrow im hoping to paint my engine bay just plain black but clean it up then hopefully i can atleast set the lt1 in or geg it in place. i owe so much thanks to everyone on here you all helped me with all my questions ive had and that has really helped me. the worst thing so far is my 4l60e dropped on my chest today i just wasnt paying attention and the cable broke when i thought the mount was still connected ooooops dummie me!! but i wont do it again lol also this is being done with enough room for both cars to get side by side and thats about it.
                      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                      GOT PSi?

Comment

Working...
                      X